Riding on the back of the Panther Tanks, I decided to continue the hobby drive, sit down and paint something else.
This post will be short and sweet as there are only two models to showcase. I figured I would finish off my Crusader AA Tanks that I started some time ago and gave up on.
They operate as Armoured support and don't really have much to do on the tabletop, lol. Since Greg's Germans don't have any Aircraft options, they're pretty pointless to have really, as for their cost, I could bring other, more versatile and useful kit, but my wartism does get the better of me and I must have my historically accurate Army. Greg has much more options in his list - granted as the Allies had Air Supremacy during the latter stages of the War - which can be nice when building flexible lists.
They're painted in the same way as I normally paint my Late War stuff. This time, I tried to pick up smaller details because I was enjoying the painting and there's really not much else to these models.
I did notice when studying the pics that the right Tank's Bridge weight decal fell off - it's been added on post-production. I also found the front left Rat Decal slid down while it set, then I couldn't re-position it as I left it too late. Oh well...
I still had a number of wheels to paint up - only 22 in total this time - however, I still found I enjoyed the process. It was quite relaxing. I also found a really nice method of painting up the tracks without worrying about mess. It doesn't carry over in the pic, unfortunately, but I really like how it turned out. Again, the whole process was fun.
Finally, a rear pic.
A couple of things to note. The 73 indicates the AA Regiment within the 4th Armoured Bridage (Black Rat). I decided to paint the pipes, again, just to make them pop and I also fucked BOTH turrets up when gluing the magnets. Now they are permanently glued into position.
That's it really. A quick, easy, fun painting session and two more models added to my completion pile.
Until the next one.
Sunday, 26 July 2026
A Small Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Small Update
Riding on the back of the Panther Tanks, I decided to continue the hobby drive, sit down and paint something else. This post will be short...
-
So I've finally done some hobby work, and so its time to revive the blog. First on the block to show off is some Night Goblins I was wor...
-
To add to the Combat Patrol Box, I purchased the Deathwatch box which bolsters up my starting Salamander force. Briefly mentioned in my pre...
-
Some Orky Wallls. Todays update is more Orky buildings. These pieces of terrain were built by Richard, which he made an update for here Ork...
Nice work, they look like they have some cammo on them, I'm guessing part of the shading process, but they look really nice like that.
ReplyDelete