This update is all about the new Space Marine Repulsor I got from Ebay. It was a cheap buy, and required some cleaning, but it was intact and already built. This is going to be a present for Richard, for his salamanders force, and for it, I went ahead and bought a can of Colourforge Salamander spray, mostly as a test to see the quality of the spray cans. I can report, it sprays quite nicely, and has a smooth finish, but it also takes longer than the Army Painters sprays to dry.
The tank itself is quite easy to paint, as are most Space Marines miniatures, but getting a clean paint job is quite difficult if you make any mistakes. Considering the spray I used, which is quite a nice vibrant green, with some yellow in it, trying to cover up any mistakes was a challenge, using Army Painter Fanatic greens, none of them matched, and trying to mix colours wasn't working, as even the yellows do not brighten the green the right way.
I'm beginning to question my choice of buying the new Army Painter range, since I've noticed that a lot of the colours have white pigment in them to give them the brightness and smooth coverage that initially drew me. But now that I've used it, and trying to get more vibrant mixes, it really struggles. The colours are in general quite muted, and in this case, I ended up mixing in GW Contrast paints into some of the greens just to get a close match to the Salamanders Green.
Besides the problems with the Army Painter paints, the tank came out really nicely. The decals I ended up purchasing off Ebay as well, since I could use the Ultramarines section of the sheet for myself down the line anyway. I went a bit overboard with them, but overall I think it enhances the whole miniature quite nicely.
I left the base for Richard to do, he can tie it in with the rest of his army. I'm looking forward to facing it with my Orks. Here's hoping it get the freshly painted miniature curse and dies turn one.
Until next time, Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment